Programme of activities
The programme of activities includes dissemination through digital and communication media, tourism fairs, conferences and workshops. It also includes new tools such as Chatbot Victoria, a business accelerator, and an international hackathon.
- Use of the EU flag logo in all press releases.
- Inclusion of the title in new editions of promotional material.
- Creation of a specific target website.
- Reproduction of the European Capital of Smart Tourism logo throughout the tourist information network.
- Display of promotional items on public streets and digital screens with continuous transmission of promotional messages and videos.
- Continuous promotion in all the City Council’s social networks.
- Specific monthly information programme on local radio and television stations.
SPECIAL PROMOTIONAL PROJECTS
- Two international conferences in February and November on smart tourism, along with professional workshops and networking meetings with professionals in the sector.
- Presence at the three major tourism fairs.
- Inclusion in the 2020 Malaga City Council Awards of a new recognition for the Best Smart Tourism Initiative.
NEW TECHNOLOGY INITIATIVES
- Expansion of the Chatbot tool “Victoria the Malagueña”, which will use a conversation interface to answer questions about the European Capital of Smart Tourism.
- Creation of a smart tourism business accelerator focused on virtual/augmented reality projects, gamification and new technologies.
- Launch of a special edition of the MALAGA PASS tourism card.
- Celebration of an international hackathon for European startups on smart tourism (February-May 2020).
- Quarterly educational seminars for each category aimed at different stakeholders: schools, universities, associations and the general public.
- Include the European Capital of Smart Tourism logo in the educational material distributed by the United Nations CIFAL centre.
- Monthly one-off information sessions on the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).