University of Malaga's Rectory. Former Post Office Building. Art Galleries
The Old Post Office (Antiguo Edificio de Correos) was built between 1916 and 1923 with the idea of furthering communications. It now houses the Rectory of the University of Málaga. Due to space limitations, Correos left the property in 1986, and the University of Málaga bought it in 1993. Next, the University restored it and made it suitable for its new purpose.
It is a square building in neo-Mudéjar style.The corners of the main façade are rounded with projecting towers of curved shapes that form a uniquely styled roof.
Under this building, remains of the Phoenician wall of Málaga and other elements such as Roman garum (fish paste) pools that are visible inside have been found.