The Hospital Noble owes its existence to the testimonial legacy of Dr Joseph William Noble, an English doctor, the Mayor of Leicester (1841-1859) and a member of the British Parliament, who died during a cholera epidemic in Málaga, where he was on holiday in 1861. He is buried in the city's English Cemetery.
His daughters devoted part of their inheritance to building a hospital where neighbours from Malagueta and visiting seamen of various nationalities arriving at the Port of Málaga could receive medical treatment.
The Municipal Charity Commission took possession of the building on 24 September 1870. This 19th century building is in the English Gothic style. Today it is used as municipal offices.