Baños del Carmen Beach
The Los Baños del Carmen spa was opened in 1918 with a totally new concept it mind, which was mainly aimed at meeting the demands of the Malaga bourgeoisie and the increasing numbers of foreign tourists. It was equipped with a jetty, tennis courts, a football pitch, a restaurant, a dance hall measuring 2000 m² and even an aquarium. The tourist boom of the 1960s and finally the law on free access to beaches enacted in the 1980s made the format obsolete. It is currently undergoing a refurbishment plan.
Los Baños del Carmen Beach is 550 m long and 15 m wide and is an important symbol for the inhabitants of Malaga due to its history and location, from where wonderful views of Malaga Bay can be enjoyed.
Places of interest
- Nereo Shipyards and Eco- Museum
Services and amenities
- Daily cleaning
- Car parks
- City buses
- Life guards
- Green areas
- Hammock and beach umbrella rentals
- Waste bins
Did you know?
There were several spas in Malaga at the end of the 19th century. The most important ones, like the Diana, La Estrella and Los Baños de Apolo spas, were closed down at the beginning of the 1940s. Only Los Baños del Carmen survives to this day thanks to its adaptation to new trends.