This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data.
Palmeral de las Sorpresas-Muelle 1: the two new commercial, dynamic docks that bring the city to the sea. Full of culture and life, they are dotted with businesses, berths for vessels of various lengths, and eating establishments serving typical Malaga cuisine.
Centro Pompidou: this cube of colored crystal is the home of the Parisian museum, which exhibits part of its most innovative and least-known collections. In this unique location, in the new port, it re-interprets the majestic neighborhoods by the sea.
Hospital Noble: Built in the 19th century in the English Neo-Gothic style, it was donated by the family of Doctor William Noble, mayor of Leicester, to care for cholera patients. Today it houses municipal agencies and the church/chapel of the Royal Brotherhood of the Descent.
Real Club Mediterráneo: since 1873, the oldest sailing club in Spain and the only one to bear the royal emblem. Always associated with the port and sailing activities, it’s a benchmark in multiple sports that has seen many Olympic, World, European and Spanish champions pass through its facilities.
La Farola: finished in 1816, one of the few lighthouses in Spain with a female name. It continues to serve its function, in addition to being a Malaga tourism icon.
La Malagueta Bullring: historic heritage site in Spain since 1981, this building, designed by Joaquín Rucoba in the Neo-Mudejar style and remodeled as a cultural center, it is known for its Picassiana and La Prensa bullfights and other events during Holy Week and the Fair.
Avenida Pries and Paseo de Reding: Beautiful tree-lined boulevards promoted in 1900 by the German consul in memory of the city’s help during the sinking of the German frigate Gneisenau. They are flanked by buildings of architectural and historic interest, which enjoy various levels of protection, and by rows of terraced, single-family houses from the second half of the 19th century and designed by famous architects who gradually replaced industrial areas with residential ones, bringing body and life to this majestic neighborhood.
Palacio de la Tinta: Designed by architect Julio O’Brien in 1908 in the turn-of-the-century Parisian style with a mix of typical Malaga modernism, it was initially the headquarters of the Andalusian Rail Company, which required large amounts of ink every day to print passenger tickets (“tinta” means “ink”). Today, it’s the headquarters of the Confederación Hidrográfica del Sur (Southern Water Board).
Cementerio Inglés: Founded in 1831 at the insistence of British consul William Mark, it is the oldest in mainland Spain. Its goal was to keep those who had died in the Protestant faith from being buried upright in the beaches, since they could not be buried in Catholic cemeteries. Buried in this English cemetery are writers Jorge Guillén, Gerald Brenan, Finnish author Aarne Haapakoski, Marjorie Grice-Hutchinson, as well as figures from this city’s history.
Palacio Miramar- Gran hotel: Opened as a hotel by Alfonso XIII in 1926, it is the masterpiece of architect Fernando Guerrero Strachan. It was a hospital during the Civil War and a courthouse for 20 years, regaining its use as a hotel during certain historical stages. Nowadays it is a 5-star hotel and center for prominent cultural and social events.